Beef and Mushroom Tacos
Sunday, November 12, 2017
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola or rapeseed)
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix (see recipe)
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 pound ground beef (or turkey), cooked and well-drained
4 cups white mushrooms, chopped and cooked
2 teaspoons salt
Corn or flour tortillas
Shredded cabbage tossed in lime juice, for serving
Ginger-Mango Salsa (see recipe), for serving
1. Cook and drain beef- reserve cooked beef for later
2. Heat a large skillet and add the vegetable oil.
3. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the taco seasoning and continue to cook on medium heat.
5. Add ½ of the salt.
6. Add the tomato paste, cooked and drained ground beef, and mushrooms
7. Add the remaining salt, to taste.
8. Allow mushrooms to cook
Assemble the tacos:
1. Heat corn or flour tortillas.
2. Place 1/3 cup of beef mixture on each tortilla.
3. Top with 2 tablespoons of ginger-mango salsa (see recipe below.)
o 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced small
o 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
o 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
o 1 jalapeno, minced
o Pinch of salt
o 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
4. Top with shredded cabbage tossed in lime juice.