Broccoli, Chickpea & Pomegranate Salad
Sunday, November 26, 2017
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Soak onion in a small bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, toast cumin in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add yogurt, tahini, oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Add broccoli, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds and the onion and toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and toss again.
3. To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.