This composite of three photographs shows demolition of the City Annex building on Colonial Avenue in Elizabeth City, Saturday morning. City Council awarded Stevenson Sand a $38,000 contract in October to tear down the more than 100-year-old structure located between City Hall and the A.P. Midgett Building. Built originally as a City Hall and "Hose House" between 1902 and 1908, the Annex was later used as a fire station and then as an office building for the city police and fire departments. It was vacated in April 2016 when both departments moved into the new Public Safety Administration Building. City officials have discussed constructing another drive-thru lane for City Hall in the Annex space once the debris is removed.