BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have scheduled a media conference to talk about the investigation into three carbon monoxide deaths last year at a Boone motel.
Sergeant Shane Robbins of the Boone police department says the news conference will be held Monday afternoon in the Watauga County Courthouse.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel on April 16. Several weeks later, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
All three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.