One was nominated for her dedication to community service work. Another was nominated for her leadership and another was nominated for her “high moral character.”
Last year there were five women named the 2012 Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce Women of Excellence and it’s time to nominate a new batch of worthy women for the 2013 honors. The winners will be named at a luncheon on June 5.
Last year 25 women were nominated. In the end, however, only five won the award. They were Beverly Madrin, Jean Baker, Denise Rogers, Jan King Robinson and Charlotte Underwood.
Each woman was nominated by a friend or colleague close to them and each person nominating had to follow a guideline, answering questions and providing explanation as to why your nominee should be one of five winners.
Nominations are due by May 17.
You’ll be asked for the person’s name, business organization, contact information such as phone number and email
address. You’ll also be asked a few things about your nominee:
1) Information about the candidate that illustrates how she exemplifies a woman of excellence.
2) The areas in which she excels.
3) The most important personal qualities that have led to her success.
4) Any obstacles that she has overcome in pursuing excellence.
5) Examples of how she demonstrates leadership skills in her area of expertise.
6) How she has supported the professional and/or personal growth of others.
7) Her positive impact on the community, in business, the arts, education, community service and/or with her family.
8) Any additional information you would like for the committee to consider.
You can fax your nominations to (252) 335-5732 or email to email@example.com or mail to Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce 502 E. Ehringhaus St., Elizabeth City, NC 27909.