Flu shots available on Sept. 8
Flu shots will be available at the local health department beginning Sept. 8.
For more information, call the health department at 338-4400 or contact your medical provider. Tips to prevent the flu:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners may also be effective.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
• If you get sick with the flu, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from making them sick.
• Get the recommended seasonal flu vaccine.