January 21, 2018

Elizabeth City State University Chancellor Thomas Conway’s announcement last week that he plans to retire in May has come as a surprise to area elected officials.

Rep. Bob Steinburg, R-Chowan, said Thursday he had not expected Conway — who took over as chancellor at ECSU in Jan. 1, 2016…


January 21, 2018

Drs. Samantha Furia and Lynn Butler are the first physicians of Internal Medicine of Elizabeth City, a new practice opening here next month.

The practice is part of the Chesapeake Regional Medical Group and it seeks to offer “quality, consistent primary care” to the area, Furia…


January 21, 2018


January 21, 2018

Elizabeth City’s switch to new utility billing software could carry major benefits for city utility customers, but it will be expensive and there's some risk that last year's billing fiasco could be repeated.

Those were some of the takeaways from a presentation last week to City…


January 20, 2018

Pat Wardell is the new executive director of Port Discover, Elizabeth City’s nonprofit that profits hands-on science education for kids. 


January 20, 2018

Warmer temperatures melted the snow and ice enough for Wade Byrum, 5, to be able to get out and play at Fun Junktion in Pasquotank County on Friday.


January 19, 2018

Students enrolled in College of The Albemarle’s nursing program are now eligible to pursue a bachelor’s of science degree in nursing at Old Dominion University at the same time.

COA officials announced the college’s new agreement with the Norfolk, Virginia-based four-year…

January 19, 2018

CAMDEN — A Perquimans County man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday after a Camden County jury found him guilty of first-degree murder in the 2015 shooting death of an Elizabeth City teen.

Superior Court Judge Jerry Tillett sentenced Kamani Ames to the…


January 19, 2018

An off-duty soldier who was hunting in Pasquotank County last month is facing criminal charges after a woman riding in a pickup truck was injured by a stray bullet allegedly fired from his high-powered rifle.


Clement Gray.JPG

January 19, 2018

Road conditions in the Albemarle had improved sufficiently that no accidents believed to be weather-related were reported in either Pasquotank, Camden, Currituck or Perquimans counties Friday morning.

661 stories in News. Viewing 1 through 10.
«First Page   «Previous Page        
Page 1 of 67
        Next Page»   Last Page»