Area schools that have announced they will be closed Thursday because of snow and ice on roads include the following:
• School closings • The Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools, the Edenton-Chowan Schools, the Perquimans County Schools, Camden County and the Currituck County Schools are closed Thursday. Saturday will be a make-up day for Perquimans students and staff if road conditions improve.
Elizabeth City State University announced that classes on Thursday have been cancelled.
College of The Albemarle campuses were closed Wednesday. No word was given whether they would remain closed Thursday or reopen. The Elizabeth City campus number is 335-0821.
Albemarle School and Preschool will be closed Thursday. The basketball game for Thursday has been cancelled. Elizabeth City State University did not yet announce its intentions for Thursday. Its help line is 335-3400.
• Municipal offices County offices in Pasquotank and Camden will be closed. Town of Edenton may open on delayed basis. The city of Elizabeth City will also close its offices Thursday.
Currituck County and Chowan County offices will each open on a delay, at 10 a.m. Thursday.
The Currituck Transfer Station also will open at 10 a.m. Currituck recycling centers will operate on an amended schedule and be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Perquimans County offices and Hertford town offices will be closed Thursday.
• Courts • Pasquotank County District Criminal Court and Camden County Civil Court will not be held Thursday.
• Stores, business closings, openings • Southgate Mall was closed Wednesday. A mall marketing representative said there is no word yet whether the mall will be open Thursday.
• Other • Albemarle Electric Membership Corp.’s membership forum scheduled for Thursday has been postponed.