Perquimans and John A Holmes high schools competed in a dual track meet Wednesday in Edenton. Pirates won the boys' meet, but fell the Aces in the girls meet.
To be fair, Aces only has one boy competing and two girls running track – so far – this season; Pirates had one girl at the meet.
Per the Pirates, long distance runner Jayden White won the 1,600-meter race; pacing himself alone around four laps to finish with a 5:13 minute mile. White captured the Albemarle Athletic Conference cross country championship earlier this year.
Aces' sole long distance runner Samantha Layton won the 1,600-meter race (7:23 minutes), 800-meter and 400-meter races. Layton clinched fourth place in the AAC cross country championship earlier this year.
Aces' Sarai Leigh dominated in the 100-meter hurdles.
- School briefs: Edenton-Chowan Schools announce staff retirements
- Edenton-Chowan Food Pantry receives grant
- Separate shootings with possible gang links probed in Edenton
- In Greenville, Trump's voice still excites, compels N.C. Republicans
- College of the Albemarle releases honor rolls
- Round-up: DDE and turtles
- Edenton Steamers drop opener, 10-8, to the Tarboro River Bandits
- High Tides Preserves Hyde History
- County property tax rates remain the same