First contact with aliens in Chowan County?
RALEIGH -- As North Carolina’s numbers continue to show improvement and vaccine distribution increases, Governor Roy Cooper announced Wednesday that the state will carefully ease some of its COVID-19 restrictions.
The John A. Holmes High School varsity basketball teams are heading to the state playoffs.
- Citizen group aims to combat crime in Edenton
- Ocrahope: Sense of normalcy returns to hurricane battered island with Ocrafolk Festival 2021
- Happy Father's Day!
- Edenton Juneteenth Festival set for June 19 at Colonial Park
- African American Experience launches on Juneteenth
- Perquimans ends season with sweep of John A. Holmes in baseball
- Library does more in community than offer books
- Ask an expert: Why is there a lumber shortage?
- School briefs: Edenton-Chowan Schools announce staff retirements
- Round-up: DDE and turtles
Father’s Day falls on Saturday, June 20, this year.
On Monday, I had an opportunity to listen to Edenton Police Chief Henry King talk with people interested in combating crime in the town.
Every day was Father’s Day for me, growing up with the dad I had.
If Christians are interested in politics, the first and most important political thing they can do is to protect democracy.
Plenty of politicians, planners and business folks think they know what North Carolina’s post-pandemic economy will look like. But few seem entirely sure. They are noticeably hedging their predictions, which I consider to be a wise precaution. They ought to be hedging their bets, as well.
The Summer Reading Program is up and running smoothly this year. Miss Lee, Miss Brandy and Miss D are keeping everything running smoothly. Miss Markita, Miss D and Miss Brandy are also putting together Teen Tuesday events. The first one was held this week – two different Escape Rooms. They’r…
Endtime Harvest Outreach Church
A list of the top thirty-five “Alien Invasion Films of the 1950s” includes titles such as Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing from Another World, The War of the Worlds, Invaders from Mars, I Married a Monster from Outer Space, Invasion of the Saucer Men, Killers from Space, It Conquere…
Friday, June 18
"I don’t want people to think it’s a Black thing or a Texas thing. None of us are free until we’re all free. And we aren’t free yet. There are too many disparities that we need to be about the business of working on together." -- Opal Lee