Clara Small Hollowell, 79, of 232 Hobbsville Road, passed away Thursday, September 9, 2021 in Sentara Albemarle Medical Center, Elizabeth City. Mrs. Hollowell was born in Perquimans County on November 11, 1941, and was the daughter of the late Haywood and Lessie Small. An active member of Hobbsville Baptist Church, she had served the church in various capacities through the years having worked with Vacation Bible School, the youth group, and the Baptist Young Women. Other community involvement included having served on the Chowan Academy School Board while her son was a student. Employed for many years with Supak Company in Elizabeth City, she later raised hogs with her husband on the family farm in Hobbsville. Surviving, her husband of 59 years, Ralph Lee Hollowell Sr.; their son, Ralph Lee Hollowell Jr. and his wife, Lisa Stevenson Hollowell; two grandsons, Joshua Lee Hollowell and Jacob Reece Hollowell, all of Hertford. Also surviving is her brother, Carlton Haywood Small and his friend, Amanda Smithson, of Elizabeth City. In accordance with her wishes no funeral service will be held. Friends and family were invited to visit Lee and family on Saturday, September 11 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the residence. Memorial contributions in her memory may be made to Hobbsville Baptist Church, in care of Jean Hobbs, P.O. Box 15, Hobbsville, NC 27946. Online condolences may be made by visiting www.millerfhc.com.
- County resident who died from COVID under 25; Betts warns of COVID-related scams
- Family Dollar-Dollar Tree 'Combo' store to open Thursday
- Sarah Smiles: Jordan shines on stage, looks forward to helping others
- Hertford firefighters freed man from fallen shed
- Residents charged with trespassing
- October hurricane on the Outer Banks…
- Bland sworn as District Court judge for 1st District
- Impeach Biden?
- Hertford man facing numerous drug charges
- Layden looking forward to boosting Perquimans visitation
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.