Mark your calendars to attend Riverbash in April.
Monday, Hertford Town Council authorized the use of town property by the Perquimans Tourism Development Authority for the festival that runs between April 24 and April 26. Events will mostly take place in the Hertford Town Dock/Marina/Lawn area.
“This will be the 3rd year for Riverbash – a community festival focused on Perquimans County’s river heritage and culture,” said Sharon Smith, county’s tourism development director. “The idea to showcase Perquimans County in the best way possible and invite visitors to see what the county has to offer. We want this to be a fun thing and the premier event in the county.”
Below is a preliminary listing of events planned for Riverbash:
Friday April 24
- Bear Swamp Beech Spring Ruritans Fish Fry 3-6 pm municipal parking lot
- Methodist Women Bake Sale 3-6 p.m. municipal parking lot
Saturday April 25
- Paddle the Perquimans Kayak tour of Front Street area 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Live music 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. town dock stage
- Kids activities on the marina lawn 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Water taxi free rides in Hertford Bay 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Food trucks/beer garden 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Historic Hertford Inc. (HHI) will be hosting Dine, Drink & Dance, a ticketed event, for the big Saturday night party between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Live music for the evening will be provided by the Ocean Breeze band from Hampton Roads.
Sunday April 26
- Blessing of the Fleet — Boat Parade 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Hertford Bay
- Kool Down Jazz Concert 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. town dock stage
A detailed schedule will be published in The Peruqimans Weekly closer to the festival’s date.
For more information, contact Sharon Smith, Perquimans County Tourism Director, at 252-426-5675 or email@example.com