I mentioned a few weeks ago that I typically avoid discussing the NFL on these pages because it gets talked about plenty elsewhere, but after the games this past weekend, they have earned it.
TORONTO (AP) — Pascal Siakam had 24 points and matched his career high with 12 assists, and Gary Trent Jr. scored a season-best 32 for the Toronto Raptors in a 125-113 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday night.
After 13 years in retirement, Annika Sorenstam returned to competition last year. She made the cut in the Gainbridge LPGA, playing only because it was her home course of Lake Nona in Orlando, Florida. And then she won the U.S. Senior Women’s Open.
Vegas Golden Knights (25-15-2, first in the Pacific) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (27-9-2, third in the Metropolitan)
NC CENTRAL (8-9)
BOSTON COLLEGE (8-10)
Charlotte Hornets (26-21, seventh in the Eastern Conference) vs. Toronto Raptors (22-22, ninth in the Eastern Conference)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Trae Young scored 30 points and tied a season-high with eight 3-pointers, and the streaky Atlanta Hawks defeated the cold-shooting Charlotte Hornets 113-91 on Sunday night for their fourth straight win.
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Shayeann Day-Wilson scored 13 points and No. 21 Duke survived a six-minute scoring drought in the fourth quarter to hold on for a win in a 57-48 battle with Virginia on Sunday.
VIRGINIA TECH ()
WAKE FOREST (12-8)
NORTH CAROLINA (15-3)
HIGH POINT (7-11)
- New Tractor Supply Company store to open this summer
- Fire damages home in Camden, occupants get out safely
- Patrol identifies head-on collision victim as 71-year-old Hertford man
- ECMS to begin serving supper
- Emergency official: Stay home and enjoy the snow, no significant incidents reported overnight
- New site, same mission: SOULS begins serving at St. Phillip's
- Bowman eyes new Camden Library opening in mid-April
- Currituck motorist charged in fatal collision in Perquimans
- Hertford renames BLM Avenue Hyde Park
- 2nd city man indicted in EC triple murder